Monday, December 17, 2012
Yesterday was Molly's first birthday, and we had a wonderful family celebration. Looking back, I realized just how much I've accomplished this year! With Christmas and New Year's around the corner, what a perfect time to reflect on all the good things.
In the last year, I have, in no particular order:
- Recovered quickly from an unwanted but complication-free c-section.
- Had 8 months of leave to be with Molly.
- Taught my mini-course on games and computer science for girls.
- Ran a study in my mini-course about teaching computer science with story, and wrote and submitted a paper about it.
- Brought Molly car camping twice.
- Figured out my thesis project.
- Set up an awesome back room play area for Molly.
- Got my wisdom teeth out.
- Had my first of two eye surgeries to help halt my keratoconus.
- Taught a Processing workshop for Girl Develop It.
- Gave a talk at a local sci-fi convention.
- Did a TEDx talk on women in tech.
- Travelled to Baltimore for this year's Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing.
- Submitted and presented a paper on my augmented reality work.
- Got a great team together for Gram's House, and helped move that project forward.
- Got a draft together of a paper on nonlinear stories in traditional media and games.
- Finished my QR code iOS app, and am about to submit it to the App Store.
- Edit to add: Interviewed and got short-listed for a faculty teaching position.
2:01 PM | Labels: News and Updates |